About IV Therapy
Injection & Infusion Therapy in Halifax & Dartmouth
What is IV therapy?
IV therapy infuses vitamins and minerals directly into the bloodstream. It can be used to quickly and efficiently correct common nutrient deficiencies by delivering a high dose of nutrients into the muscle via injection. Some examples include:
- B12 injections can be used to support mental and neurological health, increase energy, and address sleep problems.
- Magnesium is often depleted by stress. Injections can help treat tight muscles, restless leg syndrome, high blood pressure, and a host of other concerns.
- Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, calcium, magnesium, and vitamin C are used to increase blood concentrations of several nutrients more quickly and efficiently than oral supplements.
Receiving nutrients by IV is ideal for those who have digestive concerns and GI disorders such as Crohn’s or ulcerative colitis because we don’t have to worry about absorption. IV therapy is also a great treatment option if you’re suffering from chronic pain conditions, fibromyalgia, or stress and fatigue. It also supports the immune system and can help optimize athletic performance.
Who can benefit from IV therapy?
Almost anyone! Even if you feel healthy overall, you might want an additional boost for your mood, immune system, or energy. People with the following conditions may also benefit:
- Migraine and tension headaches
- Chronic fatigue
- Fibromyalgia and chronic pain
- Acute muscle spasm
- Upper respiratory tract infections
- Chronic sinusitis
- Seasonal allergic rhinitis and decreased immune function
- Depression, anxiety, and the effects of acute and chronic stress
- Hormonal imbalances (PMS)
- Cardiovascular disease
The following vitamins, minerals, and nutrients are most commonly used in IV therapy:
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C)
- Dexpanthenol (vitamin B5)
- Pyridoxine (vitamin B6)
- Methylcobalamin (vitamin B12)
- B-Complex (mixture of B vitamins)
- Magnesium chloride
- Calcium chloride
- Amino acids, trace minerals, and glutathione
IV therapy is administered by a naturopathic doctor, and is often covered by your private health care plan.
Is IV Therapy right for you? Book an assessment today!Book An Assessment Today