Major contributing factors to a headache can include:
- Poor posture
- Stiffness of the joints in the neck and upper back
- Muscle imbalances (muscle tightness + muscle weakness)
- Previous neck trauma, such as whiplash or a sports injury
Different types of headaches are associated with different causes and symptoms.
What Can a Doctor of Chiropractic Do?
Depending on the findings of the history and patient examination, the chiropractor may recommend:
- Patient education and reassurance
- Manipulation and mobilization
- Soft tissue therapy
- Modalities, including electrical stimulation, acupuncture, shock wave, laser
- Rehabilitation and exercises
- Ergonomic and lifestyle changes
- Referral and co-management
If you or someone you know suffers from headaches, please share this information with them and give us a call today at 902-404-3668 to schedule an appointment for help.
by Dr. Leanne Camp, DC