TMJ issues do not appear for no reason! Often the dysfunction has appeared after years of strain due to another postural related issue in your body (example- scoliosis). When this happens your body will often develop painful trigger points that can refer pain to the face and cause headaches.
The ear “fuzziness” is much the same. Some people complain of difficulty hearing due to an “underwater” sound or the “feeling of being in an airplane”. When examined by a doctor no infection or problem is visible. As you can see by the images above, certain trigger point referral is into the ear which can cause pain or that “fuzziness” in hearing.
- TMJ Dysfunction as diagnosed by a dental professional
- Excessive clicking with jaw opening
- Pain with movement or clenching
- Headaches in the forehead or side of head
- Inability to open jaw wide, catching of jaw when opening or closing, irregular movement
- Ear stuffiness, blockage or hearing loss
- Trauma to the face or neck that has caused pain at the joint
- Intra-oral massage
- Scalp/face/neck massage
- Mandible traction
- Trigger point Therapy
- GTO (Golgi Tendon Organ) release